As they say, “Your first impression is a lasting impression”. The first experience
a user has with your website makes a first and important impression of your
business, quality, and brand. When you’re building a new website, or enhancing your current site, use this checklist of 5 Qualities of a Good Website to ensure your site will be attractive, solid and visible.
#1. Original and Fresh Content
- The more relevant your content, the more attention Google will give you.
- Make content that your users see a value in.
- Provide content the user is looking for.
#2. User Friendly Navigation
- A good site navigation is similar to a GPS. It leads you to where you want to go.
- If your website has a lot of content, provide a search box so visitors can quickly find what they are looking for.
- Keep your navigation consistent from page to page to avoid any possible confusion.
- Add your phone number in the header so people are not trying to find it.
#3. Simple and professional design
- A good website should have a design that automatically engages your client.
- With every design element added, take a step back and make sure it serves a purpose and does not detract from the usability of the site.
- Breaking up text into subheads and bullet points will improve the layout of the page and make the text more scannable.
- All the elements of your site should work seamlessly. You need to fix all the page errors and poorly constructed website elements.
- A poorly built website can severely affect negatively to the performance of your business.
#5. Keep Your Target Audience In Mind
- Think about the people who would be interested in visiting your website.
- If you are designing a website about men’s wear, the site should have a masculine feel to it. Decorating the page with pink hearts and roses would not be a good idea!
Interested in us helping you with a new website? Contact us below!